Durdle Door is a natural limestone arch located on the Jurassic Coast in Dorset, England. It is one of the most iconic landmarks in the country, attracting thousands of visitors every year. The stunning beauty of Durdle Door Exploring Durdle Door Car Park is enhanced by its picturesque surroundings, including the nearby Durdle Door Car Park. In this article, we will explore everything you need to know about Durdle Door Car Park, from its location and parking facilities to its rules and regulations.
Location of Durdle Door Car Park
Durdle Door Car Park is located in West Lulworth, Dorset, England. The exact address is:
Durdle Door Holiday Park, Lulworth Cove Road, East Lulworth, Wareham BH20 5PU
The car park is situated near the famous Durdle Door Beach, and it offers stunning views of the natural arch and the surrounding cliffs. It is also close to other popular attractions, such as Lulworth Cove and the Jurassic Coast.
Facilities at Durdle Door Car Park
Durdle Door Car Park is a large and well-equipped car park, with the following facilities:
- Parking spaces for cars, vans, and coaches
- Toilets (including disabled toilets)
- Baby changing facilities
- Drinking water
- Picnic area
- Ice cream van (in peak season)
The car park is also staffed by attendants, who can assist visitors with any questions or issues.
Charges for Durdle Door Car Park
Durdle Door Car Park charges the following rates for parking:
- Cars and vans: £10 for up to 2 hours, £15 for up to 4 hours, and £20 for over 4 hours
- Coaches: £50 for up to 4 hours, and £80 for over 4 hours
Payment can be made by cash or card at the payment machines located in the car park.
Opening Hours of Durdle Door Car Park
Durdle Door Car Park is open every day of the year, except Christmas Day. The opening hours are:
- Summer (April to September): 8:30am to 10pm
- Winter (October to March): 9am to 4pm
Rules and Regulations of Durdle Door Car Park
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors, Durdle Door Car Park has the following rules and regulations:
- No overnight parking or camping is allowed in the car park
- No BBQs or fires are allowed in the car park or on the beach
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times
- Litter must be disposed of in the bins provided
- No drones are allowed to be flown in the car park or on the beach
- Swimming and climbing on the arch are prohibited for safety reasons